Monday, May 12, 2014

Chef John’s On Vacation!

Please Note: Photo is for metaphorical purposes only.
Chef John is not vacationing in the tropics.
There are many things I enjoy about my partnership with Allrecipes – amazing tech support, access to state-of-the-art equipment (I don’t know how to use it, but still), and being able to work with talented, like-minded foodies; but above and beyond that, I love that they actually make me take vacations.

At first, they had to force me to take them, since I was convinced that if I went a week without posting a video, the Internet would implode. After realizing that wasn’t the case, my ego and I relaxed, and now we actually look forward to these mandatory breaks.

Anyway, I’ll be off all this week, and while comments will be published, I’ll not be monitoring the blog, so when it comes to questions and comments, you’ll be at the mercy of fellow foodwishers. Good luck with that. Thanks, and see you next week!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy!

Blake said...

Enjoy your vacation, Chef John. I just came back to reality from mine.

Paul said...

Rest up and recharge! And as always, enjoy!

Jhex said...

Internet implosion is imminent!!

Josh said...

Enjoy your vacation!

Mulligan said...

No!

bsabin2 said...

Enjoy your break.

YL said...

Come to the tropics!! Come to the little red dot near the Equator!! Singapore!! Eat chicken rice! Nasi Biryani!! Nasi Lemak!!! Bak Chor Mee!!!!

I would LOVE to see your take on replicating these dishes with your stylish "And as always, enjoy!" :P

Me, Myself and I said...

Enjoy your vacation, you deserve it!!

Sandra from Montreal said...

We'll miss you for sure, but you deserve the break! Enjoy!! :)

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Enjoy!

Rachel Rocklin said...

Have a great time! You deserve it! :-)

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what food your trip will inspire!

Susy said...

Enjoy your vacation Chef John, you deserve it!

Bob Waters said...

I never realized until your vacation that I was looking for cooking ideas almost exclusively on your site. With you not there, I cast about and noticed that the Food Network never sees me. Cheers to you!!

Bob in Vermont

Unknown said...

You'll have to take a freakishly small wooden spoon with you next time and photograph it in all the places you visit.

Dan and Hilary said...

Enjoy your rest brah! We will be eating well with out you, take 'er handy.

Just watching Breaking Bad, how fun would it be to foodwish Gustavo Fring's favorite Chilean stew dish Paila Marina. He cooks it for Walt in his home on a mandate. Fish stew, looks interesting...

Unknown said...

Enjoy Chef

Hmonet said...

I hope you are in a place that looks like the picture with the palms and the beach. I live in Puerto Rico "The enchanting Island" and my back yard looks like that.
Enjoy!

cookinmom said...

And as always...ENJOY!

Mike said...

Enjoy your vacation Chef! I hope it is somewhere warm and dry! I'm testing out my new induction range tomorrow by making your oil-poached tuna recipe tomorrow...wish me luck :-)

Unknown said...

Enjoy!!!!!

Unknown said...

Very many enjoy.. me enjoy too. hihi..