Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Chef John’s Now “All Shook Down!”

As many of you know, I’ve been threatening lately that I might have to “get a real job” to help support this site while it continues its steady climb up the blog food chain. Of course a real job would mean less time to spend filming and, long story short, more pirated Simpson’s clips instead of delicious new video recipes. Well, that hasn’t happened yet (alright, everyone take a couple seconds and look at the donation button on the sidebar…OK, back to the post), but I have been given a great opportunity to spread my ‘food wishes’ to a larger audience.

Last week I was named “Associate Food Editor” of SFWeekly.com's daily culture website All Shook Down. I will be sharing posts, photos, and videos from this blog, as well as covering other online foodie news. I’d like to thank the SFWeekly and Village Voice Media for this great opportunity.







For those of you not familiar with the SFWeekly, it’s a great alternative newspaper in San Francisco, and required reading for anyone that wants to know what’s really going on around town. I look forward to a long and fruitful relationship. Hey, does this mean I can now get media credentials for the Press Box at the ball game? I really should do a story on those garlic fries. I’ll have to check on that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had me...,so I'm really glad to hear you won't be taking time away from your terrific food videos.

AND, Congratulations! All Shook Down's readers will benefit from the addition of you to the staff.

Chef John said...

thanks!

Lilibet said...

congrats. your blog is fabulous and you deserve as much exposure as possible!

Anonymous said...

That's great news Chef...